Re: heidegger and greek

There is indeed the "fit" Heidegger stresses between
Greek and German. Yet, I think there is more, as well.
In the Der Ister materials, for example, Heidegger suggests
the Greek and the German as poles of the Western world.
Some of this reads like rehashed Spengler, I'm afraid.
Or, if not Spengler, like a revisitation to Nietzsche's
Dionysian and Apollonian categories. Derrida wants to make
much of this--especially in his Spirit piece. The Greeks
had the virtue of openness to the "fire of the gods" while
the German tongue had the virtue of holding and making
"heimlich."

Oops -- "making" is not the word, of course. Rather, the
German tongue I suppose is perceived as holding out a
space where the Greek "fire of the gods" might abide.