Time for Heidegger = Absolute?

Hello,=20

I'm a new member of this list and not aware if my problem has been on =
this list before - I know that temporality has been discussed here, but =
probably not from this perspective.

I am writing a senior paper on temporality in Heidegger's early works =
comparing it to the traditional concepts of time, particularly in =
Aristotle, Augustine, Kant, Hegel and Husserl. The historical background =
has brought Heidegger in a new light for me: he proves to be the most =
genuine representative of the cult of time of modern times. Isn't time =
the real God for the modern man - eternal, resistant to our conceptual =
grasp and comprehension? The dread which called Kierkegaard to make =
commitment to his own life led him back to God, for Heidegger the call =
of conscience makes Dasein realize its temporality. Temporality seen as =
the horizon of being - one cannot make any assertions about what could =
be outside it - makes me conceive time as the Absolute of Heidegger's.=20

I see the possible objections to this idea: time is not objective and =
thus dependent on Dasein's being. Yes, but this Dasein is yet dependent =
on temporality? Could someone help me with this dilemma? And maybe =
something has been written on the subject - I live in Estonia and it's =
rather difficult to find and get secondary literature here.

With best regards,

Triin Kallas
Estonian Institute of Humanities
kallas@xxxxxx