Re: <fwd> Zizek interviewed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rene de Bakker" <rene.de.bakker@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: <fwd> Zizek interviewed

> "you cannot do the game of erotic seduction in politically correct terms."
>
> Good analysis. Baudrillard has said something similar: the threat comes
> from within. Like the baby alien in Aliens 1. A couple of weeks before the
> 11th, a friend told me about the skylines, all American movies begin with,
> irrespective of their story.
>
> Conservatives see sharper: Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, Bloy.
> But there can be no return. Heidegger is conservative in
> his analysis, but philosophically a revolutionary, like the
> upper three. It cannot be else...
>
> greeting,
>
> Rene

I think he said what everyone really knows. When one
"breaks the ice", as we say in english; that means a
certain space where violence is allowed to happen. You
know you are starting a relationship when you are no
longer pussyfooting around and being all careful with the
other and just let go. Somehow Zizek makes me feel
comfortable, loosens me up. I don't agree with every word but I read
him with interest.

Gulio