Re: *Dasein* and the Gerundialisation of Philosophy.

> Jud 01:
> Here I emphasis the point that the categorial differences in the ways
that
> things exist [the existence of beings] precludes them from being
contracted
> or reallocated to another class, and in particular into a single class
known
> as *Being,* particularly if [as the result of the differing ways in which
> entities are perceived and understood by individual beings, they are all
> instantiated in different ways - some authentic, some partly authentic and
some
> completely authentic. If half the population of the USA perceives and
> understands the invasion of Iraq in one way, and instantiates Bush as
being an
> inauthentic being, and the other half of the population of the USA
perceives,
> understands, and instantiates the invasion of Iraq in another way, and
instantiates
> Bush as being an authentic being.
> The processes of *object givenness* of half of the population of the USA
has
> produced a false *Being* which cannot be lumped together with Heidegger's
> risible one category version of *Being.* Trouble is which half? Is
Anthony's
> half the authentic instantiation of an authentic *Being* or is yours and
> Rene's? I side with you and Rene as it happens - but even I will admit
that
> according to Heidegger's lights that does not swing it into the category
of the
> *authentic *Whole of Being.*

Authenticity is a relationship. This word ryhmes with author, or self
unfolding. Auto means self. Therefore the more 'authentic' an act is, the
more personal the relation the actor has with it's: (1) consequences, (2)
it's unfolding, (2), and it's 'reduction'.

By this I mean that if I am a Xtian, then I want the same consequences,
traditionally. The tendency for liers is to 'over-generalize' on the behalf
of the cause, which in the case of Bush is to be 'led' by the people.
However in the case of America, which incidentally is not a place nor a
state, but is assumed to be a 'state of mind'.

It is not Bush which misleads the world, but rather it is the world view
which Bush wishes to represent that misleads the world: superiority via
technlogically lethal means.

The only idea which has any reality is the idea of the whole. When a
political 'expression' represents it's view of reality as the 'whole' of
reality - in contrast to the alternate - then there is a failure to reach
world consensus. Since the other half of America is in distinct
dis-agreement on what constitutes a significant reality-relation, then there
is a failure of ideation - we cannot agree on what is the ideal
'pro-tention' or what is portented.

America now represents a nation 'in contrast' to that which is disclosed as
an authentic state: (1) a nation which has taken down the Berlin Wall is not
a nation in 'contrast'; rather a nation in consensus (2).

The last time America was a nation with 'contrasting' viewpoints was during
the Vietnam War [IndoChina War]. This episode brought America to her knees,
nearly impoverished it.

It was a nation involved in contrast during the civil war of 1862-1866, when
A. Lincoln lead the Republicans in a war to unite the American States
against slavery. The human cost was approximately 900,000 lives.

American invaded Canada a total of 5 times. We remain a sovereign nation.
Techumseh, the chief, of three Indian nations, saved Canada.

When the will of the people is divided, there can be no 'conclusion' to a
war. Either you agree wholehearted as a people, or you remain in
disagreement, fundamental disagreement. And that is where the USA is
situated. The nation has passed far beyond the crossroads of agreement on
Iraq. Few other nations are involved in the 'aggression', and even Britain
is not involved in a combatant role [until this weekend in Fallujah].

The tides turned for the US under Bush when the US invaded Iraq about 2
years ago. They have not won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi's. And it
looks like they never will. The US is now in decline, and it will be until
it recognizes that it is not the supreme power or moral authority in the
world.

chao

john

> [...]
> say that I believe a word of it.
>
> John:
> Yes. But if we were are to take our time and analyze this in full
honesty,
> then we immediately realize that from ontology, we can begin. There are 3
> modes of being.
>

> Jud:
> Please don't change the subject [yet] stick hermeneutically to the
cript -
> I am stating above that the catagorialising of the beings of science, the
> arts, philosophy, geology, biology, vulcanology, sociology, history,
chemistry,
> stamp-collecting, woodcraft, aviation, cosmology, boyfriends, disease,
> meteorology, and the humanly attributed divisions of anything you care to
mention
> in the universe, and the DIFFERENT WAYS that every human being on the
planet,
> [or weekend trippers to the Moon,] perceives, understands and
instantiates
> beings as *categorialised beings* DIFFERS.
>
> So the Heideggerian dream of accessing, via the Daseinic principle, some
> fantasy authentic single-category *Being* in which the inauthentic and
the
> authentic, and the partly authentic, and the *might be authentic,* and
the *may
> not be authentic* *Being* of the milliards of beings which are rightly
or
> wrongly instantiated by the understanding of humanity [the inauthentic
and
> contrived Daseinic *being-there* becomes a metaphysical nightmare, and
the biggest
> deliberate lie in the whole history of philosophy.
>
> John:
> The common way of describing the 3 modes is past, present and future
> [retention, intention, and protention].
> The issue of 'what is' versus 'what is not' can often be demarcated
> precisely by what has passed [the root of the spiritual], what occurs
[phenomenon],
> and what is about to occur [suggesting a vision, horizon]
>
> Jud:
> The cognitive contrivance of the notion of past, present and future is
> abstract method that we employ to introduce temporal order into our
lives.
> We need this sort of concept to ascertain when [at what hour] to be at
the
> station to catch the train, or at what month we may stand in our waders
with
> our guns pointing skywards to massacre the flying ducks as they return
from
> foreign climes. Such abstractions are vital if we are to survive.
> In primitive societies the concept of *time* was different - the rising
and
> setting of the sun, and the leaves turing brown were our *clocks.*
> There is no such thing as *what is not* as wise old Parmenides said.
There
> is only our memory of what was once, and that is a holistic memory of the
> human John as he recalls past events. The is only ONE INSTANT and that
is NOW -
> all else is either memory of what once was, or speculation of what might
be
> when this now is replaced by another.
>
> John:
> Again we can demarcate a further 'reduction' if you will...we can refer
> that which is of the 'imagination' and that which is a 'non-imaginative'
> nature, or of 'nature'.
>
> Jud:
> The *reductions* and the *imagining* that you refer to are the actions of
> the human called John's brain NOW.
> The imagined Being* of nature as perceived, understood and instantiated
by
> the being John, is quite different from
> the imagined Being* of nature as perceived, understood and instantiated
by
> the being Jud.
> How does Heidegger know which is the authentic imagined *Being,* and
which
> is the inauthentically imagined *Being,* and therefore which one to admit
into
> the *super-category* of *Being* as instantiated by the adjudicatory
> imagination of *Dasein* as *Dasein* was imagined by Heidegger?
>
> John:
> Philosophy and grammar are different studies. There is not much help to
be
> found in the grammatical [unless we were to discuss Derrida's word
> sortie's], but more to be found in the analysis of what is.
>
> Jud:
> Then why is Heidegger so obsessed with words and their grammatical and
> etymological construction? he must of spent half his waking hours with
his
> grammatical scalpel dissecting words into the constituent parts and
thereby
> extracting [or disinterring] dead meanings?
> Words are the spades and mattocks wherewith we dig up the dead ideas of
dead
> civilisations, words are the chisels and scrapers with which we remove
the
> philosophical verdigris and encrustation of obscurantism with which
Heidegger