Re: total war awe

John wrote:

> Yes.
>
> I would not call it total war.
>
> Mark Garneau, a Canadian cosmonaut, witnessed this from above. Vast reaches
> of the terrestrial earth ablaze: Amazon, southeast Asia, etc.

John, the total war I speak of is not primarily one of man against man but
of man against everything (and concommitantly, everything back against man);
or rather a certain predominant existence, the last men, using up,
digesting, and spewing out the indigestible remains back into the world
being used up, furthermore seeing this and its 'alternative' remedies as
some kind of 'progress', a furtherance of some kind of 'good'. I am thinking
more along the lines and byways of heraclitean polemos which is not war as
in 'iraq war' or 'world war 2' etc, but the rendering and rending of
difference, this terminating in the (post-)modern era (error?) as the total
assault/domination by 'culture' on 'nature' (including 'culture's' own
'nature'). For something authentically new to arise, this war must either
(1) stop completely (now, what could that mean?) or (2) it must go the whole
hog (now, what might that mean?) and 'burn itself out'; so-called
'alternatives' just avoids the first and slows down the second, and thus, is
nothing at all... This war is total and so it must end totally.

In my previous references to "heat death" I meant metaphorically (although
with some, more 'literal', irony...) the frenetic frenzied rushing about
(transport -- to where? production -- for what? etc) on the road to nowhere
(ha!). If only the physical 'laws' of the world would suddenly without
warning change and make fossil fuels un-inflammable (petrol, e.g., wouldn't
work, might as well be water, etc)... just a fancy.

regards

michaelP