Re: being?

----- Original Message -----
From: "michaelP" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:50 AM
Subject: being?

> why can't we leave things alone, let them be, just be?

We cannot, alas. Beings are also doings, and until things are done, nothing
can be-itself-alone. This beckons the eternal question of what constitutes
borders and boundaries?

Bush and the Republicans remain at large and have more to do with
practically defenseless, or borderless states like Iraq. A recent report,
scientific, prepared for the US Senate, assessed the civilian casualties by
the US bombing at over 100,000 Iraqis' most of whom were women and children.

The only difference between Hitler and Bush is that while Germans did vote
Hitler into power, they certainly did not vote to keep Hitler in power. On
the other hand Bush and the Republicans lied to the world, and have been
found guilty of mass murder.

Let me see. What was the original reason for the invasion? To capture
weapons which could be used against other states [WMD], to remove a dictator
and his government from power, and to - well maybe just possibly to get the
oil and gas which is largely unexploited.

According to Bush and the Republicans spending 170 billion of US tax dollars
to get at the oil was necessary.

It is obvious that the great pain and loss of life which a large number of
Iraqi's have witnessed and experience was not worth that kind of
expenditure.

So how many years of brutality will the Bush administration inflict on the
Iraqis'

Funny thing is that the US state with the highest percentage support for
Bush is Utah, the 'Mormon State'.

According to the Bush and Republican doctrine, the mission of the US is
sacred and divine. But only when the Democrats are not elected to lead the
US in it's foreign wars of aggression against innocent people.

We know that borders and boundaries in the US make a difference. Just look
at little Hawaii. Just over 222,000 people voted for Kerry and the
Republicans and this state has 5 electoral votes. Yet over 5 million voted
for Kerry in California, yet it has only 55 electoral votes. If you divide
the total votes of California by that of Hawaii, we get a difference [ratio]
of greater than 20. So you see how the smaller, middle US states therefore
have a similar staggering unbalance favouring them versus the very largely
populated states.

Nothing can be left to just be because nothing was settled in the first
place.

chao

JF