Re: all or nothing at all

----- Original Message -----
From: "michaelP" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 12:25 AM
Subject: all or nothing at all

> Kenneth called out from the desert:
>
> > "Why is there anything at all? Why, rather, is there not nothing?"

It is all a matter of scale. For a tiny fish in the southern Pacific, a
minor 'atoll' of coral is 'something' rather than 'nothing at all'. Outside
the 'at all/atoll' are voracious fish which would swallow the tiny coral
dependent.

chao

John Foster

"but for an ocean cruise ship, a simple insignificant 'at-all/atoll' is
nothing."