Announcing Reconstruction 4.4: Postmodern Science

Please forward to potentially interested parties:

We are proud to announce the latest issue of Reconstruction: Studies in Contemporary Culture (vol.4, no.4), "Postmodern Science," at <http://www.reconstruction.ws>. ISSN: 1547- 4348. This themed issue is edited by C. Jason Smith and Robert Froemke.

Included in this issue are:

C. Jason Smith and Robert Froemke "To See More Clearly and Broadly: Science and the Postmodern Sentiment"

Brent M. Blackwell "Cultural Topology: an Introduction to Postmodern Mathematics"

Michael Hardin "From GUTS to God: Credulity, Postmodernism, and Contemporary Physics"

Benjamin G. Lanier-Nabors "Portals to Knowledge: Confluence and Conflict between Enlightenment and Postmodern Currencies"

J. Linn Mackey "Is Chaos Theory Postmodern Science?"

Brendan Riley "Modularity and Monsters from the Deep"

Dirk Vanderbeke "Of Parts and Wholes: Self-similarity and Synecdoche in Science, Culture and Literature"

Priya Venkatesan"Paradigm Shifts and New Worldviews: Kuhn, Laudan and Discovery in Molecular Biology"

...as well as several new book reviews.

In line with our efforts to foster intellectual community, Reconstruction also hosts a message board dedicated to interaction
between authors and readers, and between readers themselves, hoping to affect a more communal approach to, and understanding of, academic journals and intellectual thought and action. Please take the time to participate in this experiment in community.

Additionally, submissions for our future issues are also being actively solicited: <http://www.reconstruction.ws/info.htm>.
Please see editorial guidelines as published on the site for further information regarding contributions to Reconstruction. Reconstruction is a peer-reviewed journal, and indexed in the MLA International Bibliography.

We are also currently seeking reviewers: If interested, a short email listing qualifications and interests should be mailed to
reviews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.