Re: The Non-God in Heideggerian Thought

Henk van Tuijl wrote:

The God who has made his way into philosophy, the God caught in the essential metaphysical history of nihilism, governed by the onto-theo-logic, is
furthest removed from the "godless God" Heidegger will pass by with the "the last god/s" in "Contributions to Philosophy (from Enowning)" (2001).

Who are these god/s that are recognized in primordial Greek experience for Heidegger?

The God of ontotheology is a Deus faber. The Gods of the Greek appear at crucial moments in the guise of beings and change the course of the lives of men and women.

I don't see your point here, even if Zeus would return how would it wake the people up from the nihlisticladen nightmare?

And I don't think that Heidegger would even say that the God of ontotheology is a Deus Faber, rather Heidegger here is
referring to Meister Eckharts Non-God. That is all our ideas of God are not God, God is unknown to us and we must in a
way turn ourselves towards God and be open towards the mystery.

/Haukur.

Henk

    • From: bob scheetz