Re: The Non-God in Heideggerian Thought

bobS wrote at the end:

> ps. at the moment usa feeling very '33 ish, ...das volk voted emfatically
> for war, culture war and empire, ...meaning the rest of the world is going
> to feel the lash. apologies

Bob, I've seen this on other lists where amerikans preside: why do you
apologise for the rule of the ambushmen? the problem, imo, with all kinds of
amerika (of whatever persuasion or habitat) is the push(iness), the
forward-motion at any (and every) cost, the (o)pressing on regardless
towards terminal beach and then some... one president might have slowed it a
mite, but either way, it seems to me, the same dreary frenzied movement
(sometimes called 'energy') and adoration of/submission to technology and
its overreaching command of everything. When europa copies this impressive
feat, it too becomes an amerika, a new old world (same as...). Once the
second world was demoralised and made indifferent and the third just a
playground for soldier's games, the one-and-lonely first world is the
desolation of a triumph of the will (to will). Where's the difference? The
commies at least showed some other other...

regards

michaelP

    • From: bob scheetz