Re: What is Jud's Rubbish Doing Here?

Calypso (truncated):
I for one do not want to be exposed to anyone's shit
and especially not yours (and it *is now yours* when
you gratuitously repeat it, OK).

Jud:
You are right - I am only allowing myself to be
dragged down to the
gutter-level of Heideggerianism.
By disseminating Ariosto's transcendentalist filth I
am only helping to
carry out his wishes to drag
this group down to the level of his asinine puerility.
I took it for granted
the he was a women - it was the camp effeminacy
[rather than femininity] of
his posts that made me assume that I suppose. What
irks me, [although I take
it as a given on a transcendentalist list] is not the
filth itself, but the
fact that nobody on this *philosophy* list every
raises an eyebrow when some
other person [the noted and persistant ad
hominemists] pollutes the list
with torrents of foul epithets and similar infantile
stuff [look at his latest
perverted night-soil.] Yet when I strike back they
post their
protestations of mock outrage. It's nothing new to me
anyway - this list is notorious
for this kind of Hitlerite hate on the Internet. In
the end they'll slag each
other off so much there will be nobody left. I'm
going to make sure that I'm
the last one here though to put the light out.

me now:
Jud baby, the insults that are hurled at you from time
to time you know jolly well are not examples of what
you call Heideggerianism or Transcendentalism or
Hitlerite, but the aggressive expressions of
commonplace anger. Anger like this you meet every
Saturday night late outside or inside the local boozer
(and far worse). There is nothing exclusive to
Heideggerianism, Transcendentalism, Hitlerism, about
someone being horridly angry at something or someone,
is there? In any case I doubt whether Kenneth or
Ariostos would characterise themselves as
Heideggerians or Transcendentalists never moind
Hitlerite (and I would heartily agree that they are
definitely not of those ilks). I do like your grit but
not your shit. I just wonder whether you have troubled
yourself to really think through why you come in for
so much stick without attributing it to simple
opposition to your philosophy (which I think stinks
but what do I know?) or some typical behaviour of a
Heideggerian Cult which protects itself through
attempts at wordy intimidation and so on. I think
Michael P said something like this, that you come to
the table wearing boxing gloves or even knuckle
dusters before any deliberations take place. I hate
psychologisms but the word attitude (as in bad) comes
to mind. So what do you expect? Now their (and mine in
the past ;-)) anger belongs to them but have you never
wondered without all those defensive habits (it is
because they are Heideggerians and so on) why the
anger grows until it explodes in expletives with
respect to you? (and it is mostly with you that such
behaviour exhibits itself). For example, you often
talk of Heidegger not only as a Nazi but in the same
metaphorical breath as many list members' "hero". The
knuckle duster becomes clear and present. Can you see
that? If you cannot then you will never not be sworn
at and treated like a troll by present and future list
members, and that might be a shame because you do have
grit but you are so imposingly aggressive and so often
utterly wrong-headed when it comes to Heidegger and
the list members. You have something to learn here,
and not only about Heidegger.

cheers

Calypso

Regards,

Jud

=====
"men are something that must be overcome" [apo-calypso]