The Sewer's Suppressio Veri

In all the vitriol between the two 'men', Jud wrote

Someone [from this list] posted me
two pics of you which he found somewhere on
the net - It was THEIR subject heading that read:
*Voila! The Bald
Pain-in-the Arse Dwarf.*

Jud, you just won'r stop will you? Fancy bringing up
stuff like that, and you complain bitterly when he
merely used the f-word in the crude but not swearing
manner. You must be a very unhappy soul. You may have
grit but it must be wearing away at your insides with
all that proudly confessed hatred. Is there not enough
hate in this world without adding to it? And that
would be forgivable if you did not produce very bad
philosophy. Some might get off on some of that, your
being the proud deluded straw man, or like Rene seeing
something somewhat romantic in your rejections (mostly
what you say on this list is negative and horridly
repetitive), but not I. Not only bad philosophy but a
nastiness that reminds me of the worst of the gutter
press when they get their teeth into some self-created
'scandal'. As has been said before you do not listen
you only proclaim, and you proclaim the same again and
again. And whilst Socrates might be seen to support
such a manoeuvre (everyone says something different
but I say the same always, or something like that, I
forget the place in Plato, perhaps you can help me) I
cannot but sigh and feel irritated. But when this
boring repetition is combined with terrible insults of
a highly personal nature it's not hard to understand
why you might be regarded as a genuine troll. I do not
really think that that is all you are, I think you do
try to engage in philosophical discussion but as I
said earlier this is so overlaid with vitriol and
fisticuffs and very bad philosophy that it is
inevitable that you find a fund of aggression building
up over the years you've been participating. Most
importantly hatred is never a successful way to
criticize the work of a philosopher. Only respectful
critique however sharp (think of Marx on Hegel or
Nietzsche on almost everyone; they never resorted to
hateful diatribe but respected their dire enemies,
found them magnificent in their emnity, and of course
we know that Heidegger rather than even critique
tended towards a more archeological dig of the
thinking of his predecessors and contemporaries, not
to mention the late Derrida). Sorry to go on but you
are the most despicable and irritating interlocutor
and I will follow Michael P, your dwarf, in totally
ignoring you on this list.

cheers

Calypso

=====
"men are something that must be overcome" [apo-calypso]