Re: The Non-God in Heideggerian Thought

> Bob, could you be more specific? The decline of physis, all right,
> but this is new to me.

Rene,

I've been reading his holderlin explication and considering his congruency
with heid, and all that implies vis a vis hegel and schliermacher, the
tradition of german idealism, romanticism, and grecophilia. And whereas the
early heid of caring authentic being toward death signifies for me a death
of god theology/existentialism advancing (deconstructing) the pauline
tradition of the suffering man-god everyman, heid's holderlin seemingly
entails a tropological shift, with the disembodied poet's consciousness
everywhere reading essences thru appearances.
So what I meant was that christ, the platonic idealisation that dominates
our tradition, is every bit a greek god all the way from prometheus, as is
the aristotelian conception embodied in scholasticism, and which very early
on gained the ascendancy over the pauline (jewish) via crucis. Therefore
the notion that heid abandoned the theological trope of the RC christ of his
youth for the greek theological trope involves a misconception, ...the
latter being merely an earlier evolutionary stage. But what i do think he
did was to move from the greco christ trope of his youth to the earthbound
"jewish" trope of a suffering and dying humanity, and back to a greek
rarified all-knowing gnostic trope, and suffering et al a mere melancholy
appearance, voluntarism (formerly care) the essence of nothingness (formerly
being), where somehow the immanent spirit of being, if unobstructed by the
will, moves beings toward their destiny.

> , overwhelmed
> the whole, ...rendering all things phenomenal (subjects/objects), nihil.
>

> that's turning everything upside down. The reasons for the nihilism
> that befalls everything, also the s-o relation - everthing VIA the
> s-o - are meanwhile explained by him, but mostly not considered.
> It's not the s-p relation *as such* that is attacked, but its
exclusivity,
> which keeps everything within the limits of everydayness.

everydayness with its sweat and suffering is the existential condition par
excellence, ...everyman the subject, and sweat and pain and taxes and rulers
etc, the object, ...absolsutes, to prescind conceptually from which seems
dishonest, ...at the same time giving equal weight to wonder, awe, mystery.
neither absolute can sublate the other, i think

> ???
>
> certainly genre criticism pricks him down for theology. the structures of
> his thot, despite the literalness (an old rhetorical trope), are
> theological, eh?
>
> and of course, ultimately, all writing being polysemous embodies
> simultaneously all levels of meaning?
>
> bob
>
> ps. at the moment usa feeling very '33 ish, ...das volk voted emfatically
> for war, culture war and empire, ...meaning the rest of the world is going
> to feel the lash. apologies
>

> - Hitler was never chosen, but took all power after a young Dutch
communist
> set fire to the Reichstag.
> - Germany had real enemies everywhere, who already had tried, and
succeeded,
> to ruin it. USA have no excuse. 9/11? In this context laughable.

rene, obviously there are differences, but now you mention it the "9/11"
pretext appears remarkably similar to the "Reichstag fire" pretext; "enemies
everywhere", to "global terrorism"; both were "selected" in the first
instance to be ratified subsequently by winning a popular vote, ...even to
hitler having his hindenburg, and w his colin powell.

> the current case of the USA is incomparingly more grave and black, because
it
> is all done voluntarily. I agree with you, that now we enter the belly of
the beast.
> Sadr City is first on the menu.

i agree, shocking and alarming, ...given usa potential for military
apocalypse combined with a degenerate power elite.

thanks for indulging my amateurishness, rene.
bob