Re: ER - or bad timing

John, Kenneth,
than do you find the ER rather a will to vegetable inertia, ...and
thence nihilism cum neo-epicure?

contrarily, what of heid's ekstasis, ...eliot's "still pt of the turning
world"?

...there the dance is,
But neither arrest nor movement. And do not call it fixity,
Where past and future are gathered. ...
Except for the pt, the still pt,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.

and if only the dance,

...thoughts, the slaves of life, and life, time's fool,
And time...must have a stop.

is the river of time/becoming teleological? does it all pt to one end? the
funeral dance with its loud, disconsolate lament, nihilism? say, nukular
armageddon, where (W & co. get raptured, and) we all get vaporized? or
technology gone awry as the experimentation with 3rd world fertility turned
to aids pandemic? collectively foundered in a consumerist apoplexy? ...
or are there two dances (par ousia) going on simultaneously: (1)that of w &
co, heroes of the ER, entirely innocent of resentement, infallibly willing
the darwinian past; and (2) the resistance, heroes of the WtP? one absolute
nihilist, the other, as manic to "redeem the time"?

have you the like resentful thots?

bob