Re: NEW HEIDEGGER LIST

Topica may not be an ideal mailing list service, but kudos to
michaelP for at least setting up a list for those who miss
the passing of Spoons.

I'm not sure why there need to be two active Heidegger lists
on the net. I understand about cliques and so on, but this is
the internet and the subject is a dead philosopher...

And I wonder if the usefulness of mailing lists is over with.
Controlled announcement mailing lists are still useful, but it
seems near impossible to have a conversation on a mailing list
with the spam, jud trolls, and anti-democracy malcontents
spraying everywhere.

The interesting conversations these days appear to be on blogs.
Like minded posters can cross link their posts, and interested
readers can follow the links, all without a steady stream of
garbage being pushed into their Inboxes.

So I'd encourage everyone with something to say to start a blog
and encourage list readers to give reading blogs a try. They
may be a better technology to enable the conversations that once
made mailing lists exciting.