Re: NEW HEIDEGGER LIST

Fine: and thanks; I set this up in order for there to be something (rather
than a possible nothing) available before the dissolution, and I called it
'experimental' because it might need to be a temporary home for the list...

> Before precipitously creating and
> committing to some host I would recommend looking around, doing some
> research, and finding not just some place that will host a heidegger
> list (there are scores of such places) but on that will host the list in
> a manner that suits the members.

Not sure anything has been precipitous yet, or committed: we can change
where we end up, but the vanishing of this list is just a few days away. We
need to have a list in hand just to discuss these very issues (you raise) of
where to go next etc that suits the emembers, otherwise the 'we' turns into
a ragbag of 98 email addresses. I thought it best to act quickly before the
axe comes down.

But I agree that some research is needed to possibly find a better host and
I shall engage in some myself; in the meantime, at least we can still be
something of a 'we'.

Thanks, Reg, for bringing up these important matters. Perhaps we need to
conduct some kind of collection of heidegger-list members' requirements for
an alternative list host, and then such research might not be too open-ended
but be rather more focussed? What does everyone think?

Thanks for acting so quickly peep. We already started talking about these things on the new list and in some ways it's always and already has been there as the future possibilities of an abiding dwelling place that 'makes' up the abode or da-sein in man, essence of thinking. We can't calculate in advance how things will unfold. Nor should things be completely secure and comfortable and predictable as if we could master the anxiety of leaping into an unknown X... and another beginning. No one is saying we are moving into a permanent dwelling place that safeguards that which remains to be thought as if it were possible to do this once and for all. We are migrating towards the openness of new possibilities that is all. Since when do conversations here show a simple propensity to copy the old? I'm exicited by all this and it looks like a lot of fun that I already see will brings us closer together and create good will and trust. This is exactly what is *necessary* once in a while. Heidegger always notes that the itinerary of the poet involves an uprooting and passage through the foreign. It's the glue of any conversational circle that is truly trying to dwell poetically. The roots of a plant gets stronger through pruning, uprooting and re-planting: " As soon as man gives thought to his homelessness, it is misery no longer. Rightly considered and kept well in mind , it is the sole summons that *calls* mortals into their dwelling" (from Building Dwelling Thinking). The core of this list will become more solid that's for sure because we a 'good' sense for the 'value' of our 'thing' that operates like a bridge.... towards X.... and this is what we care for and learn to safeguard.

reg-guards,
tymp

reg-ards

michaelP

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.