Re: "Letter on Humanism"--Readings 6 & 7

I asked this earlier in a longer post, but I think my question got lost
behind several other issues that I raised. So, in a clearer manner, let
me ask it again.

Is the distinction between authentic and inauthentic Dasein still
operative in Heidegger's thought in 1947?

A second, more general question:

What has Heidegger kept from _Being and Time_ and what has he abandoned
when he wrote the "Letter on Humanism"?

I notice that there has been a tendency from several of us to use the
earlier writings to support notions from the "Letter". This makes me a
little uneasy without answers to both of these questions. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Tony

Anthony F. Beavers, Ph.D. / Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Religion
The University of Evansville / Evansville, Indiana 47722 / (812)479-2682
Metaethics, Metaphysics, Existentialism, and the Judeo-Christian Tradition
Visit the Academy of Human Arts and Sciences
http://cedar.evansville.edu/~ahasweb/links.html