Re: heidegger and fucking

CND7750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx once might have wrote;

> that helps a little. maybe i should give a little more information:
> i'm working on heidegger's 'thought' on technology and in so doing
> i began to wonder about his 'thought' on fucking. i know he tries
> to avoid it, but i wonder if there has been anything doen on his
> philosophy of fucking, not just pussy, but anuses and such too. any
> mention of sade in heidegger?
>
> chris

chris;

While I am suspicious as to what bodily organ you began this with, I mean,
why not some sort of directed question to his own appendage and his relation
to its functioning (after all, Lacan didn't oull his best parts from
Heidegger for nothing) this is, I find, generally a useful strategy to
cutting through the ever so careful definition of terms and such ... which
has its place, certainly, just not in *my* practice.

I would think that a good palce to look would be in Avital Ronell, which I
am surprised no one threw your way already. Especially after your followup
with heroin. She's someone that must certainly have at least an answer to
how a heideggerian who fucks would go about it.

come to think of it, finitude and the practice of sex appear to have a lot
in common. Maybe if we could take that reference in "Origin of the work of
art ..." about truth taking place in the founding of a state and translate
into more intimate forms of community it wouldn't leave such a bad taste in
one's mouth.

(I think I might after all have found a way of taking the Anaximander
fragment and and make it work ... all those fugues and such ... rhythms,
paying restitution, lingering, and how everything seems to connect up into
one big physis) Hmmm ....

As for terminology, I do have one question ... not having my greek/english
dictionary handy (they're out of town for a few days) ... in "the origin
..." we have (in the english translation) *phusis* and in the fragment we
have *physis* ... are they the same beast or am I missing something in the
unintended slippage?

--

Michael Maranda
mm017g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx