the sundial

riddle me this heideggareans:

in the second volume of the nietzsche lectures, heidegger contrasts the
figures of the dwarf and zarathustra by the way that each envisions the gateway
of temporality.

this section reminds me somewhat of the very last chapter of sein und zeit in
which marty analyzes the geneaology of the everyday conception of temporality.
in this chapter, marty almost invents a fable about how primitive man first
measured time by that which was most ready-to-hand in his world of concern, the
sun. after this, time was measured by sundials and soon it was being
calculated as if were merely aseries of present-at-hand moments, and so forth.

my question is this : by using this fable of the sun as the originary giver
of time (rather than a platonic analysis of the sun as the originary giver of
truth), is marty suggesting a deep connection between light and temporality,
the essence of being, thus anticipating in 1927 his later reflections on the
infamous yet beloved lichtung

also, does anyone know the whens and wheres of the spep meeting?

my left hand is not working right now, so apologies if this post is less
coherent than usual.

-- yours faithfully,
mitchell werther