juvenilia??? or genitalia ....

I don't know about anyone else, but I was under the assumption
that this ever so subtle foray into looking at the groundings
of Heideggerian thought. I don't know what you were reading,
Mr. Blacker, but I was reading something that in my mind was
much more respectful and considered than a lot of stuff one
sees posted on lists like these. Respect (in the snese of
inheritance as developed by Derrida in "Spectres...") demands
asking questions, interupting the flow, de-sedminenting the
existing aura of untouchability that surrounds texts soon
dead for want of an accurate translation from what was said
to what can be said.

Is it absurd and juvenile to think that the fact that a thinker
has a body and does things with it and is thus affected by its
condition of reception and arrival into a pre-created world is
maybe an interesting route of interrogation? If so, I guess that
we can just discount Lacan out of hand, as well as much of the
most interesting feminist theory that has been developing in
recent decades.

Fear of unmentionables leads to symbolic castrations ... much
like the act of publically unsubbing because a few words are
found too disturbing.
--

Michael Maranda
mm017g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx