BT, Section 45

Some comments in reply to David Schenk's post of 7/16:

You say you would like to see "how literally we can
take Heidegger's assertion in _History of the Concept of
Time_ that "Dasein _is_ its time." My guess is that we
can't take it very literally--but it sounds as though
you've already got some ideas on the subject. I look
forward to seeing them posted.
You say that "there _must_ be something in the
metaphysics of Dasein whereby these shifts from authentic
to inauthentic or inauthentic to authentic modes of
existence are made possible _in general_." Except for
wondering whether the phrase "metaphysics of Dasein" is
appropriate, I don't really disagree with this statement.
However, I do think it would be difficult to answer the
question you're asking without first clarifying why it is
that we're subject to the authentic/inauthentic
disjunction in the first place. If that were clearer,
some possible answers to your question might suggest
themselves.
-- Phil Miller