Re: BT, Section 45

Let me add to my last note in which I said that I thought somewhere
Heidegger must say that to disclose is also to hide. I see him as saying
something like this in the following:

"But as soon as Dasein 'exists' in such a way that absolutely nothing
more is still outstanding in it, then it has already for this very reason
become 'no-longer-Being-there.' Its Being is annihilated when what is
still outstanding in its Being has been liquidated. As long as Dasein
'is' as an entity, it has never reached its 'wholeness.' But if it gains
such 'wholeness', this gain becomes the utter loss of
'Being-in'the-world.' In such a case, it can never again be experienced
'as an entity.'

Being an 'entity' means to have a simplified and objectified reality that
appears to us through an objectifying disclosure. It always blinds us to
another aspect of the of what could be disclosed. When this entity
becomes whole, as we gain appreciation of its confusing totality, we lose
understanding. Our understanding is constituted by this slant and bias
that we give something when we disclose it as an entity.

Example, I call this man a punctual man.

You say, "But he isn't always on time. He was late last Wednesday."

My discourse simplified him, and disclosed an aspect, turned him into an
entity. You came in and complicated things and I could no longer
understand what kind of man this was. In showing me the whole of who he
was, I lost my sense of who he was. He was no longer 'disclosed'.

..Lois Shawver