Re: BT, Section 45

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, David Blacker wrote:

> Finitude is the "reason" for any movement between
> authenticity-inauthenticity: eg the various forms of fleeing toward
> inauthenticity, and back in the other direction, going "under the eyes of
> death" toward authenticity. Make any sense?
>
> David

Yes, yes it does. However, my real question here is *WHY* is finitude
the primary condition for the possibility of authenticity and
inauthenticity? I understand the quasi-Kantian maneuver, and I agree
with your claim that in BT and in his other early works Heidegger is much
inclined to making such a maneuver. What I don't understand is how
finitude is supposed to be a necessary condition of in/authenticity.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the cool comments,

David Schenk.