Re; BT, Section 45

In connection with the discussion of finitude as the precondition
of authenticity, Lois Shawver suggests that perhaps "Heidegger
is defining authenticity as that change in experience that is only
possible through when one takes one's death into accout."

But are we really sure that death is the main point in Heidegger's
dicussion of authenticity? Div Two, Ch 1 does describe authentic
being-towards-death, but couldn't we authentically be-towards
other possibilities as well? In that case, authentic being-towards-
death would just be one special case (albeit a distinctive and
singularly important one) of a broader phenomenon.

-- Phil Miller