re: disclosedness

--- Kevin,

You wrote:

"Disclosedness is constitued by a "three-fold structure",
state-of-mind, understanding and discourse, which makes up
the existential analysisi of Being-in as such (the Being of
the "there" of Da-sein)."

Something's missing. Something like: contingency, contact,
continuity, and proximity. I think these things are involved
in the elements you list, but something concerning "close
and far", and proximity, has to be there. Contingency
denotes a certain "givenness" of the world. Disclosure *as
such* (which is what we're looking for) has this
"availability of the world", which I tried to grasp with
"horizonality". I don't think Heidegger uses "horizon" much
in this concept, but that background is obviously strongly
associated and perhaps assumed. Disclosedness is like
"horizon" with the difference that it seems to much more
strongly conceptualize the "horizon-self" co-constitution.
But that has to be there. Again, in this neutral status:
disclosed, as a certain "givenness". Maybe?

---
There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.

Tom Blancato
tblancato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Eyes on Violence (nonviolence and human rights monitoring in Haiti)
Thoughtaction Collective (reparative justice project)