Re: authenticity again

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Christopher Stewart Morrissey wrote:

> "Inauthentic" is not supposed to be pejorative. Heidegger makes this
> clear in the SS 1927 "Basic Problems of Phenomenology" lectures. (I
> mention this because I happen to be rereading them.)

I know that Heidegger says that 'inauthentic' is not supposed to be
pejorative -- but it hard to read it any other way. The whole language
of inauthentic man who engages in prattle contrasted with authentic
Dasein who engages in discourse, alerts me to a value system, hidden,
perhaps, behind protests of neutrality.

You don't agree?

..Lois Shawver

--- from list [email protected]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---