Re: Welcome to heidegger

On Sat, 6 May 1995 Bunkerphil@xxxxxxx wrote:

> You know you're really onto something when you can no longer tell whether
> he's a monster or a saint.

I think I'm making it to this point myself. When we started the "Letter
on Humanism," I thought he was a monster. Now I'm not sure, though I
wouldn't press for canonization just yet.

I concur that the best access to Heidegger is _Being and Time_, though
_Basic Problems in Phenomenology_ is much more approachable, though
perhaps not as indicative of Heidegger's main interests in philosophy.

Thanks,
Tony

Anthony F. Beavers, Ph.D. / Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Religion
The University of Evansville / Evansville, Indiana 47722 / (812)479-2682
Metaethics, Metaphysics, Phenomenology and Existentialism
Philosophy and the Judeo-Christian Tradition