Re: Heidegger, Humanism, Regionalism, and Nazism

At 09:25 PM 10/2/95 DST, you wrote:
>At , you wrote:
>
>>R. or A. Wendel writes:
>>>

>>Ok.But how can we approach, staying in some ways within the discursive
>>regularity provisionally called "Heidegger", somethinking like original
>>thinking? Original not as in *necessariy* new (although perhaps the "new" has
>>to be explored), but as in originating out of our own engagement of Being?

Tom:
My reply to your statement was not adequate. Indeed, there is something
"new" that originates 'out of our engagement with Being' that needs to be
thought. In Heidegger's view, our age corresponds to the closure of
metaphysics. As such it engages us to someting 'new'. Only in pointing us to
a new beginning, we are returned to the originating, to what incipiency
meant before metaphysics gained preponderance. That is why I stated:
" I would likewise not call it "new" but rather an attempt to recall what
comes earliest and is most primordial.."

Bob