Re: Caring-for, and Dasein

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, jan straathof wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 00:47:45 GMT
> From: jan straathof <janstr@xxxxxxx>
> To: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Caring-for, and Dasein
>
> >Why don't you make Heidegger a sake while you're at it..
> >he was not fool either, merely a Nazi
> >
> >Bye,
>

> to Eccy,
>
> I don't believe that Heidegger was a nazi.
>
> the question is not: "was Heidegger a nazi ?"
> but: "why didn't Heidegger flew from the country during the nazi-period ?"
>
> I think he suffered from extreme homesickness;
> that's why he stayed at home.
> the rest (Farias a.o.) is the consequence
> of being-(t)here / da-sein.
>
> doei,
>
> jan

This is a joke, I suppose. The question is certainly not why Heidegger
didn't leave Germany during the Nazi period, it is why he remained a
member of the Nazi party through 1945, etc.... I think though, that this
has all been gone over in rather intensive if inconclusive detail, so
unless we have anything new to add, let us go back to discussing the
potential for other life-forms to have Dasein.