Re: Caring-for, and Dasein

>[snip]
>
>I don't believe that Heidegger was a nazi.
>
>the question is not: "was Heidegger a nazi ?"
>but: "why didn't Heidegger flew from the country during the nazi-period ?"

[snip]

>jan

I think that it is completely useless to discuss the personal politics of
Heidegger as if it had any bearing on what he actually had say in his
philosophy (unless it did and I don't believe that Heidegger is read as if
it did). He didn't preach Nazism (or any other ism) and I find it almost
innane that anyone would find it relevant except from a historical
perspective. From the perch of philosophy what difference does it make?
Heck, maybe Hegel tortured small animals for fun; Plato *did* like young
boys. I still really liked their work.

Nik
N N I K K William NIcKolas Lenco
NN N I K K 67A Charlotte Street
N N N I K K Fredericton
N N N I KKK New Brunswick
N N N I K K E3B 1L1
N N N I K K (506) 454-1113
N NN I K K c6v9@xxxxxx

"We think in generalities, but we live in detail."
-A.N.Whitehead