Re: Sartre...

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, adam wrote:

> Being new to the Heidegger list, and to philosophy in general, I was
> curious to find that there was no Sartre mailing list. Is there a
> reason for this? Do people hold the philosophy of Heidegger in higher
> esteem than Sartre's?

Like Heidegger, Sartre's work supports both profound and trivial
readings. For the last 20 years or so it seems his work been trivialized,
but I believe that someday people are likely to read him again. Out of
curiousity, does anyone know of anyone who gave a serious,
phenomenological reading of the erotic experience before Sartre in Being
and Nothingness?

..Lois Shawver