Re: care for and dasein, Help for Information

On Mon, 30 Oct 1995 20:45:58 -0400 you wrote:

Nik,

>Would Heidegger say
>that one would have to answer the question of "Who I am?" with reference to
>(and I want to ask this at a very superficial level without invoking ALL the
>structures of Dasein) your "for-the-sake-of-wich" (das Worumwillen)? That
>is, is "who I am" only answerable in the context of some larger light of my
>own possibilities as Being-in-the-world?

Yes, I think the reference to the "Worumwillen" is correct. Heidegger
says the same.
I make a construct, the presupposition is that "Who" has something to
do with the "How"
Now: I go in a supermarket, there is a woman or a man buying things. I
ask them, "how *are* you" (I don't mean with "how are you" the english
idiom!!!!). They would answer (if they understand my words...): "Oh, I
am buying some things". OK, I'm not stupid and ask again. I ask "why
you are buying??" and they have to answer, that they are buying,
because of eating something. I am very hard and ask further on. "Why
you are eating" and so on. The last answer they could give is "I am
buying because of my will/volution and then, yeah!, "I will do it
because for the sake of myself (my own) will". This is another answer
as the first answer. The first answer comes out of the "Besorgen", the
last answer comes out of a "possibility". The "Worumwillen" is the
presupposition for "Besorgen (careing for my cat or so)". Heidegger
says: "Das primaere Wozu ist ein Worumwillen". The last (or better:
first) "Worumwillen" don't comes out of the things or the world, the
last/first "Worumwillen" is Being as a self (Eigentlichkeit). The
being-in-the-world as "Besorgen" comes out of a primary "Worumwillen":
Now the question is: what's the content of the
"for-the-sake-of-wich"?? And Heidegger - in my view - gives an answer:
it is truth, aeh.., no: Being as Being-in-the-truth. õ44B, p228 in
german text: "Wahrheit voraussetzen meint dann, sie verstehen als
etwas, worumwillen das Dasein ist." (to presupposite truth means,
understanding it as something, for-the-sake-of-wich Dasein *is*).

This is my comment, another will be following later

- Christian

Christian Lotz
chrlotz@xxxxxxx