Re: care & Dasein

> That was my whole point: Death is our ownmost potentiality for being. It is
> something that we already are. We can not "be" or "not be". We can only
> "be". In being this (in existing), we are already our ownmost possibility,
> which is death.

Oops, I deleted more than I wanted. I was struck by the line, "Dasein is
Death" (or something like that). If that were literally true, then
Dasein would not exist. Since it does... Heidegger gets away with this
because he interprets death as a possibility, specifically, the
possibility of the impossibility of future possibilities. It functions
as the boundary for our possibility, which in this case refers to our
finitude, or that we have a finite set of possibilities available to us.
It is our ownmost possibility because it sets us apart from immortal
beings; the mark of the human being is that it dies.

Chris