Re: care & Dasein

>Nik's reading sounds very close to Aristotle's metaphysical
>doctrine of the 4 causes...with Death for the Final Cause.
>
>So: (1)Dasein is "that-being-which-questions-being", i.e. self-cognizant
being,
>(2)whose essence is that it exists, i.e. its facticity, (3) whose primordial
>structure is
>"care", i.e. undifferentiated immersion in-the-world, and (4) whose telos is
>death, i.e. non-existence. Is that what we have here: formal, material,
>efficient, and
>final? Where #1 even preserves Aristotle's, thinking animal, anthropology?

Holy Cow! I never noticed that. Then again, I ahve not done any Aristotle
since 1988-ish and even then we didn't do much else than cover the 4 causes.
I always figured that the "telos" that I was talking about in Heidegger was
much less metaphysical that Aristotle's (I do throw the word "telos" around
in non-heideggarian contexts a lot). Was Aristotle's use of "telos" as
non-metaphysical as Heideggers "Being-twoards-the-end"? I would not have
thought so but I would love to hear an answer onthis if anyone has one. Thanks.

-Nik