Re: Kantbook Translation

I found your translation generally excellent, but there is one
mistake that you should correct, namely, your inconsistent translation of
"Wirklichkeit" and "wirklich". Given Heidegger's insistence on the
distinction between reality and actuality on page 83 (German) as well as
in the discussions of Being and real predicates in other works, this term
should *never* be translated as "real", as you have done in several
passages (such as pp. 112 & 135). As Heidegger points out, equating
"actuality" with "reality" blurs an important distinction.
I don't know if it would be at all useful, but when I was working
on Heidegger's interpretation of Kant for my Ph.D. thesis, I made a table
of passages in KPM that have corresponding passages in the
Phenomenological Interpretation of KrV.

Martin Weatherston,
Philosophy & Religious Studies Dept.,
East Stroudsburg University,