Re: Heidegger, Bacon, Science

Just wanted to comment -- modern science, for Heidegger, is mathematical
not in the sense of formulating its entities in terms of number (not
primarily, anyway), but it the sense of the Greek mathesis, of
projecting a guiding plan upon reality before approching it as a
subject of investigation. I don't see any a prior reason why
Bacon's being an empiricist should lock him out of consideration.
Heidegger has nop problem with discussing Gallileo at length (I
think I might have misspelled that - how humiliating). E.g.,
look at the discussion in the first part of 'What is a Thing?'