RE: Heidegger and Marx: Reply to Iain Thompson

> To take a different line seems to me to end up =
> with the kind of biographical butchery indulged in by people like Ott.

I'm curious about this line. After the Farias travesty it was
a relief to see the Ott book translated. He might have revealed
many things that Heideggereans might have preferred to have left
untouched and Ott is no philosopher, but he appears to have done
a good job of sticking to the facts, documenting his sources, and
largely avoiding personal interpretations.

Do you know that Ott had his facts wrong, or do you feel that's
Heidegger's Nazi past should remain buried (not that that's an
option any longer).

yours,
Pete
paf@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.webcom.com/~paf/pete.html