Re: [mpisgmedia] VISION Mumbai - Santa Claus

These Global City visions grow real with debate
(witness Delhi Master Plan 'guidelines' - being
implemented, recited in Courts, called new Master
Plan, become agenda of new government).

Their constitutional basis ? in terms of planning law
as well as of validity of a few bhagidaars piecing
together like blind men around the elephant their
descriptions and prescriptions for our cities ? is
obvious point to challenge them. The question is not
about vested interests ? they are doing what is
expected of them ? but about the safety valves that
are failing as the crisis deepens. Individuals in
public authorities, NGOs, media and the professions do
not share these visions, but as systems they are
co-opted into discourse about what has no business
being!

Maybe vision-walas think they are dream-merchant-age
Santa (Claus not Singh!) to the city - sort of:
Dashing through the smog, on Metro or expressway
Over folks whose space we hog, fly-over all the way
Vision-o-tall, vision-o-mall, vision Global way
Oh what fun it is to vision bhagidari visions hurray

Wannabe plannerly Santa?
Gift-a-(sensible-global)-Vision? Let?s do Safdarjung
area redevelopment ideas:

Make merry!

PS
Good you are catching court reporting. Will post
tracking account of recent happenings in Supreme Court
and Delhi High Court with more direct plannerly /
allied dimensions -- on proudpora since this list
promised to be free from properly plannerly prose.