Request to custodians of our democratic institutions

'HOUSING RIGHTS EVENT' AT WSF 2004 IN MUMBAI
Objection to misuse of global platforms for propaganda
against national law and institutions and
call for Public Debate about basis of such propaganda
by so-called pro-people activists
--------------

REQUEST TO CUSTODIANS OF OUR DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTIONS

--------------
(Hon'ble President of India, Hon'ble Prime Minister of
India, Hon'ble Chief Justice of India, Hon'ble
Ministers for Home Affairs, Human Resource Development
and Urban Development in Government of India,
Chairpersons of our Standing Parliamentary Committee
for Urban Development and Planning, Vigilance and
Human Rights Commissions, and Presidents of our
national political parties)
--------------

We seek to bring to your attention the enclosed
statement apropos the above and solicit your urgent
intervention for protecting the dignity of the nation
as well as sanctity of the purpose of the global
platform being held in India by ensuring, especially,
that judgements by our courts are not burned in the name
of anti-imperialism.

We also seek your support for our call for a Public
Debate about the paradigms being promoted by so-called
activists in the name of the people of India. In this
regard we also seek audience.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely
(on behalf of the signatories to the statement)
Gita Dewan Verma
1356 D-I Vasant Kunj, New Delhi ? 110070; Ph 011
26895840, eml mpisgplanner@y...

Mumbai, 15.01.2004

Encl.
Statement as above (also at