Request to custodians of our professional institutions

'HOUSING RIGHTS EVENT' AT WSF 2004 IN MUMBAI
Objection to misuse of global platforms for propaganda
against national law and institutions and
call for Public Debate about basis of such propaganda
by so-called pro-people activists
--------------

REQUEST TO CUSTODIANS OF OUR PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTIONS
AND ORGANISATIONS

--------------
(Council of Architecture, Indian Institute of Town
Planners, Indian Institute of Architects, Town and
Country Planning Organisation, National Institute of
Urban Affairs, Housing and Urban Development
Corporation, Association of Metropolitan Development
Authorities, School of Planning and Architecture and
other professional education institutions, National
Association of Students of Architecture, National
Organisation of Students of Planning)
--------------

We seek to bring to your attention the enclosed
statement apropos the above and seek your support for
our call for a Public Debate about the paradigms being
promoted by so-called activists in the name of the
people of India.

We are convinced that the recurrent ?crises? in our
urban areas as well as in our urban professional space
owe largely to obfuscation (on account of such
unconsidered and weak paradigms that are serving only
to sustain problems) of robust laws, principles and
techniques of urban professions meant to solve
problems in conflict free ways in widest public
interest and open and purposive debate is urgently
needed.

We request you to please communicate to us at the
earliest your view on the enclosed statement.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely
(on behalf of the signatories to the statement)
Gita Dewan Verma
1356 D-I Vasant Kunj, New Delhi ? 110070; Ph 011
26895840, eml mpisgplanner@y...

Mumbai, 15.01.2004

Encl.
Statement as above (also at