Request to anti-imperialism platforms and media in Mumbai

'HOUSING RIGHTS EVENT' AT WSF 2004 IN MUMBAI
Objection to misuse of global platforms for propaganda
against national law and institutions and
call for Public Debate about basis of such propaganda
by so-called pro-people activists
--------------

REQUEST TO ORGANIZERS OF ANTI-IMPERIALISM PLATFORMS
AND MEDIA IN MUMBAI

--------------

We seek to bring to your attention the enclosed
statement apropos the above and requests being sent to
our democratic and professional institutions in this
regard.

We solicit your support in ensuring, especially, that
judgements by our courts are not burned in the name of
anti-imperialism. We also solicit your support for
conveying our call for public debate.

We invite you to join our meetings on:
15.01.04 (at 7pm at Institute of Town Planners India,
Plot No.100, Sector-15, Belapur, Navi Mumbai ? contact
S Gokhale 9869372654 or mail to
mpisgplanner@y...) and
16.01.04 (at 11am in Mumbai, details to be finalised,
co-arranged by architecture students and faculty ?
contact Prasad Shetty 9820912744 or mail to
mpisgplanner@y...)

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely
(on behalf of the signatories to the statement)
Gita Dewan Verma
1356 D-I Vasant Kunj, New Delhi ? 110070; Ph 011
26895840, eml mpisgplanner@y...

Mumbai, 15.01.2004

Encl.
Statement as above (at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mpisgmedia/message/25)
Request to democratic institutions (at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mpisgmedia/message/26)
Request to professional institutions (at (at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mpisgmedia/message/27)