Re: [mpisgmedia] construction on yamuna riverbed

--- surendra mohan <suren501@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The best source is Ms Geeta Dewan Verma. You might
> like to contact Nirmala Sharma and Dunu Roy of the
> Sanjha Morcha.

The best source, if they can be drawn out to speak,
are the genuine planners in DDA. I am source only for
overall techno-legal perspective, as qualified and
independent planner and as professional representative
of citizens groups, engaging only on implementation of
statutory Delhi Master Plan solutions through due
processes of law democratically open to all and for
ensuring these are improved rather than down-sized in
the ongoing revision, etc.

Sanjha Morcha or Manch seemed to be engaged primarily
on anti-Planning advocacy. For that you could also
contact Action Aid, which supported their book about
Delhi / against Delhi Master Plan, Ms Shabana Azmi, Ms
Arundhati Roy, etc, who released it in November 2003,
better-known environmental NGOs in Delhi, senior
lawyers associated with piece-meal PIL and key
officials in MCD, Delhi Government, DDA and MoUD who
are advocating ad-hoc projects and policy. All these
broadly take the same planning-without-Plan/planners
line, consistent with some World Bank recommendations
for Delhi.

Gita Dewan Verma