[mpisgmedia] Pot shots at DMP: HD Shourie

// "Though I have not gone through the draft of the
Master Plan 2021, I can definitely claim that it must
be ..." claimed the eminent social activist. wow! (by
the way, Shourie?s NGO/enterprise has institutional
land allotment in violation of DMP)

--------------

Asian Age

?First give full powers to the elected government?

- By Our Correspondent

New Delhi, Jan. 18: "How can you draft a 20-year plan
for a city which is changing very fast? One should
draft a five-year development plan for Delhi," says
eminent social activist Mr H.D. Shourie.

Talking to The Asian Age, Mr Shourie said, "These sort
of plans are far from reality. Everybody knows the
status of the existing Master Plan. No body bothers
about enforcement of the guidelines." How can
authorities claim that Master Plan is being followed
strictly when the number of unauthorised colonies
increase every year, he said adding that same is the
case with the industries in the city.

"I would also like to say that when we discuss
development plans for Delhi, then we should also think
about giving powers to the elected government. Not
only that, the elected government should be given
monitoring powers also," said Mr Shourie.

He further said, "The Master Plan for Delhi becomes
useless when the state government does

not have enforcement power. It?s really unfortunate
that in Delhi, the state government does not have
enforcement powers. First, give full powers to the
elected government then talk about a master plan."

How can one draft a development plan for Delhi by
ignoring the duly elected government, he asked. He
further said there should be proper utilisation of the
state government machinery before drafting a master
plan.

"Though I have not gone through the draft of the
Master Plan 2021, I can definitely claim that it must
be far from the needs and ground realities of Delhi.
Planners must realise the difference between what is
beneficial for the city and what is not. This thing
has not been realised so far in the city," claimed the
eminent social activist