[mpisgmedia] PIB Press Release

Full text of the PM speech at the CM conference

http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=8594

At the previous Conference of Chief Ministers, we discussed problems relating to rural development and panchayat raj. Our Government has made an explicit commitment to give a "New Deal To Rural India" and this is, I believe, our most important common priority. I had an opportunity once again to outline our perspective in this regard at the Agriculture Summit in New Delhi last week convened by the hon’ble Minister for Food and Agriculture . I have also had the opportunity of sharing my thoughts with some of you at meetings where we set out our agenda for education, for health care and for infrastructure development. As I had said in my very first address to the Nation as Prime Minister, these key areas of development remain our most urgent and important national priorities. ........