[mpisgmedia] NGOs national hawker policy fails to impress court!!!

HC orders hawkers off Qutub Minar

The division bench of Chief Justice B.C. Patel and
Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul dismissed the appeal
against an order rejecting the hawkers' plea to be
allowed to work in the vicinity of the Qutub Minar...
Their counsel submitted that removing hawkers was
against the national policy for urban street vendors
and appealed to the court on the grounds that they had
been there for generations. However, the bench said
the policy did not provide for hawking contrary to
statutory provisions....
contd:
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=125896

http://mail.architexturez.net/pipermail/mpisgmedia/2005-April/000316.html