Re: [mpisgmedia] Sunday Book Bazaar: NGO dharna against MCD

With Re; To

"We are writing to Police Commissioner to request
that police, instead of permitting arbitrary
NGO-dharnas against arbitrary MCD decision (or
arbitrary NDMC decisions elsewhere), directly prohibit
all arbitrary decisions in violation of national
policy (which Delhi Police co-authored through Jt
Commr Amod Kanth and which requires vending committee
to decide vending sites and police to be on vending
committee)."

Wrong end of stick, Police Commissioner can stop it
under Delhi Police Act if he chooses to. REALLY,
sometimes you "plannerly types" <grin> can't see the
wood for the trees!

Sarbajit

PS. Sorry for that humungous mail (330Kb) which is
still pending moderator approval. please delete it.

--- Gita Dewan Verma <mpisgplanner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an eml (at end) about police-permitted NGO
> dharna re Book Bazaar.
>
> Of course, we disapprove of MCD bullying the
> book-bazaar and approve of protesting the bullying
> (we
> have protested in writing to MCD and Police, also re
> kabaadi-bazaar and ladies-haat, etc, wrt to our
> response to Public Notice of 22/04 re vending
> committees as per national policy, and have been
> called in response and have learned that bullying is
> suspended, eg, did not occur yesterday).
>
> We also disapprove of NGO dharnas against
> government,
> now that government has reformed (does nothing
> without
> NGOs) and expect NGOs to get their way by staging
> IHC
> consultations or in bhagidaari meeting or through
> ladies-NGOs partnering with MCD and advising
> National
> Commission on Informal Sector, etc. About the dharna
> today, the eml is from Chintan, (ladies?) NGO that
> does things re waste. We are unable to fathom the
> logic of waste-walas protesting bullying of
> book-bazaar not kabaadi-bazaar and have concerns
> about
> them ever since Almitra Patel caused a reckless
> Supreme Court remark that housing-rights-walas keep
> raking up, besides which Chintan is into bhagidaari
> and has tie-up with charitable trust that Bharti
> Telecom set up out of
> corporate-social-responsibility
> with

vision-to-help-underprivileged-children-and-young-people-of-our-country-realise-their-potential,