Re: [mpisgmedia] HC Stay on DMRC tender... amusement norms

--- sarbajit roy <sroy1947@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> detected in tender documents for shastri park
> amusement park:-
> "1.4 DMRC acknowledges that the Pre qualified
> tenderer/Investors must have a complete
> understanding
> of design, installations, commissioning, operations
> and
> standards applicable in the relevant industries in
> India prior to submitting a proposal."
> Can any plannerly expert give me the corresponding
> links for amusement park industry in mpd2001 or
> mpd2021 (draft).
---

master plan is concerned only with space allocations.
norms for industry are set by industry and based on
those plans make space assignments. *amusement park
industry* we assume is part of adventure/eco-tourism
industry, for which guidelines are in the making under
aegis of MoEF and investors inclined to bid for the
dmrc tender have sought clarifications on this count.

btw,
qn came up after a prospective bidder called dmrc to
ask if bungee-jumping was allowed and when told yeah
got flummoxed by prospect of erecting temporary yet
safe tower and was looking for designers; those
(designers) would need specs / latest guidelines and
might become dispensable if say elevated metro
corridor over yamuna matches those (specs); t-h-a-t
might have dmp implication since dmp2021 contemplates
only composite (read commercial) property development
along metro corridor and that in use zones other than
recreational(p.391)

(i rather like the thought of bungee-jumping from
elevated-metro-corridor; could become part of
inaugurations, fuss-making and other metro-related
events; we could save on signature-bridge, etc)