Re: [mpisgmedia] HC Stay on DMRC tender... amusement norms

--- sarbajit roy <sroy1947@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If mpd is only concerned with "space" for industry,
> then why is chapter 7 of mpd2021 draft going into
> such
> minute details of which industries are permitted in
> Delhi?

that is a qn for dmp2021 industries sub-group to
answer! (compare with dmp-2001 in which classification
of industries is in annexure and directly linked to
space standards in main text and in development code).

> Bungee Jumping is NOT an industry. How aabout Appu
> Ghar type amusement rides. Generator backup facility
> is required in case somebody gets stuck on 200 meter
> high Ferris Wheel, or there might be total chaos if
> blackout occurs. How can DMRC allow such polluting
> activities in eco-fragile sensitive Green / Riverine
> Area?

bungee-jumping, rides, etc, are activities in
amusement/adventure industry. norms / standards must
be set by some authority with techno-legal competence.
dmrc has none to allow or disallow, nor can / does
dmp. o-zone plan will have to provide detail wrt
general norms of some competent authority or based on
defensible specific inputs. it will also provide
opportunity for objections / suggestions (some were
already filed in response to IT Park Public Notice).
dmrc tender skips all this.

i think bungee-jumping, like metro-fuss-making,
captures well the nature of delhi-discourse and i like
the thought of b-j from e-m-c over yamuna for
symbolism, not out of plannerism ;)