Re: [mpisgmedia] News: Recreational facility at Shastri Park planned

Have just read the Hindu Link of Amustment PArk.

Clear as crystal:- DMRC is broke --> their repayments
to Govt of Japan starts next year (ie 2007) and their
revenues from metro operations don't justify their
existence (like every other metro in the world).

Here we are in Dwarka, getting water for 1 hour every
3 days and DMRC is setting up a 10 acre water park.
This is criminal wastage of community resources.

If the Japs are going to be getting 300 crores per
year as payback on a 6000 crore loan ==> my trusty
little EMI Calculator computes this to be an interest
rate of 0% - hardly a "soft" loan and implying
skullduggery afoot. Considering that all the equipment
is Japanese / Korean and we have kept their Industries
afloat (becoz SC ban on ours) the least those Japs
could have done is given DMRC a true interest free
loan payable in one shot after 20 years.

Of course DMRC is making "operational profits" from
day one. Which other industry gets interest free loans
and freedom to fix their own fares. This is the bloody
height of favourism - The Govt should appoint a
regulator for all Metros in the Country (or hand it
over to the Railway Ministry which is doing such
yeoman service in Mumbai)

Sarbajit

http://www.hindu.com/2005/08/16/stories/2005081609660400.htm

http://www.hindu.com/2005/08/14/stories/2005081411590400.htm