[mpisgmedia] rules of data collection for your study

Hello,

It's Prashant Kumar from School of Planning and
Architecture, New Delhi.

I am writing this mail to share the interesting thing
which myself and my group mate Subhadeep Paul, have
seen during the data collection process for the
ongoing study of the Area Development Plan for Zone C
of Delhi.

We were searching for the data regarding the social
infrastructure status of that area. For that we went
to the office of the Directorate of Health Services
(DHS), at Karkardoma, to collect some data regarding
the existing health facility of that area.

We reached there and met the concerned authority
regarding the data we required (01.09.05).We were told
to fill the Form A (this is the form required for data
collection from that office).

Then we were told about the rules for collecting data
from that office.
The rules are:
1. You have to first deposit a fee of Rs. 25.00 for
the form
2. Your data will be available to you after a period
of 15-30 days, depending upon the type of data you
have asked for.
3. You will be charged Rs. 5.00 for every page (A4) of
the report you will get regarding your data. (In
market the general price for each A4, xerox is Rs.0.50
and for each printout it is Rs.2.50)
4. There is no relaxation in rules for student from
any institution.
5. If later it is found that the data you have asked
for is confidential then your form will be rejected
and you will not get your required data.

We met the higher authority there and when we told him
that in the coming month the analysis part of the
study will be started and how could we do our job
without the required data (unavailable due to the
rules)then his response was "rules are rules".

In last i just want to say that the senior official
sitting as authority must give some preference to the
students and help them in their studies.